7.13.2009

ft. walton beach

Just some shots from our first days of vacation. We arrived about 2:30 on Sunday, just in time for our check in at 3. The condo is fantastic! Internet....no so much, but I highly recommend the Islander Beach Resort on Okaloosa Island. I'll try to get some shots of the interior before we leave.

We spent an hour or so on the beach after we checked in and got our junk unloaded.

The water was perfectly clear and blue/green and the sand here is always perfectly white and powdery.

We went to eat at Fudpuckers and to the grocery store.

Alex, Colby, Tony, Jennifer & kiddos went crab hunting.
Here is their loot...

Monday I got up before everyone else and took a nice walk on the beach by myself...well, me and the camera of course! :) It was gorgeous and I thoroughly enjoyed the peaceful sounds of the waves while taking it all in.
I ventured out for a few things we forgot at the store then we took to the beach.

For about 20 minutes, then the rain set in.

Up to the room for about 20 minutes, then it somewhat cleared off, so we went back down to the beach.

For about an hour, then more rain set in - Actually more of a thunderstorm!

Went in for some lunch and hung out awhile until the rain cleared.

It was still sort of cloudy, but I didn't let that stop me! Back to the beach.

It was a pleasant afternoon, but it never got totally clear. The water was not as clear today either, but I am hopeful tomorrow will be.

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* these photos make me happy!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE them!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lynne said...

Oh I LOVE the Florida beaches -- so jealous. We're hoping to make it down there in November, but I wish I could be there today!

Amy said...

We miss you guys! But, we are so glad that you got to go and are having a great time. Can't wait to hear all of the stories. Tell everyone I said hi.
Love ya,
Amy

Deana said...

That was a walk down "memory lane." I grew up going to Ft Walton Beach, Fudpuckers, etc. Cute photos... glad you're having FUN! :-)