9.13.2009

Well hello there!

So again, I have been crazy busy and therefore MIA from the old blog! I have good reason between work and horse shows.
Last weekend we were at the Arkansas State Horse Show in Little Rock. Alex did pretty well this year. The high point of her competition was winning a 2nd in Ladies Gaited. The low point was probably when she came off her horse for a brief moment during barrels. OOPs!

Here are some shots from the weekend:She placed in Junior Flags on her friend Miranda's horse, and placed in Keyhole on her Dad's roping horse. Her horse, Hippy is still injured, but will have several months to rest up for next year. We are just praying he will fully recover and once again be sound!

There are some great pictures over at Maumelle Sports. You just have to go to her events and look through the shots.

I spent this weekend resting up...work has been crazy and I've been putting in extra hours because of classes I'm teaching.

I did get some scrapbooking in which is always a good thing!
I had been planning on putting together a tutorial for a gesso and paint technique that I learned from the uber-talented Lucy Folch during National Scrapbook Day. I finally had the opportunity to do it with the Making Memories album that came in the Crazy Daisy Kit Co. September kit.
More on that later!

In the meantime, there are a few kits left I'm told, so get them while the getting's good! Crazy Daisy September kit

Here is one more I put together with this kit over the weekend:
(Yes, that is me) :)
And I played in my art journal a little and even did the Point Blank Period challenge:

Have a lovely week!

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Did you make that black/white shirt she's wearing? I think I remember you posting about making it a while back...it looks great! You're so talented. Great post.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

AWESOME photos and love love love love the lo's!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

Great photos! Congrats on 2nd place, too! Sounds like you've been VERY busy lately!

♥ the Point Blank journal page...lovin' the little bits of bling you added! :-)

Have a great week, Kim! :-)

Jackie said...

What great photos! And I really love what you did with September kit!