3.25.2010

softball season has rolled around

Alex is again playing softball - this is her senior year - so this is it for high school sports.
They lost most of their team last year - the team that went all the way to the State Finals and were runners-up two years in a row.

Honestly, I have not been looking forward to this year's season just because I was afraid of the let down.  It's hard to go from winning pretty much every game to not really knowing how it will go.  I had to miss the first few games simply because of them being so early and having to take so much time off work.

I must say I was pleasantly surprised after finally getting to attend a game this week.


I am very impressed with their young, up and coming pitcher, Haley. 
How hard would it be to follow in the State's record breaking strike-out pitcher?  Well, Haley seems to be coming into her own.  Looking forward to seeing more from her!
Now, I must come to the part of this blog post that is totally going to sound like I'm bragging - and yes, I am so bear with me.  This is the part where I talk about Alex's awesome offensive skills AND her over the fence home run!!!! 
I even captured the hit! :)
 
 So so very proud of her for that!
Love these pics of her team coming out of the dugout to congratulate her when she crossed the home plate! :)

They have not won every game by any means, nor will they probably go to the State Finals this year, but I'm looking forward to seeing more from this team!

...and I'll admit, I was wrong, but ssshhhhhhh, don't tell anyone I said that. K?

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

these photos are awesome kim!!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeee that last one! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

sarah said...

yay!!!! can't wait to see more photos from the upcoming games. make sure to keep us posted on the team's progress. now i'm curious to know how they do this season!

hugs,
sarah.