7.11.2010

mad about plaid!

I really don't think plaid ever goes out of style, but it has its more popular times 
in the fashion industry.  

Whether it's in style or not, I love it!  
Plaid can have such a great variety and the mixing of colors and patterns is just fun.

"So what does plaid have to do with this blog post and why are you mad about it Kim?" 
you are asking...well, I'll show you:



So, I feel quite certain that some of you quilting pros will think this is quite silly, but I'm so excited about the possibilities now that I've made several of these little puppies.



What pray tell are these little puppies I speak???

Well, they are coasters of course!

and that look darn cute on my coffee table I must say.



I had come across a little coaster tutorial awhile back and bookmarked it via my tumblr and decided to give it a whirl using some tossed aside clothing I had put in the ever-mounding "yard sale" piles, along with some vintage fabric I have acquired.  


For an extra touch I added some little pom-pom trim I had in my ribbon and trim stash.


cute, eh?

I have another set that has yet to be put together and finished.  
My first set, which we'll call the guinea pig set is being used in my living room right now. 

I'm also very excited about putting some of these together using some great vintage sheets I found for a nice "shabby chic" look. 



So any feedback?  Good....bad?  (I can take it!)  ;]

Do you think Etsy buyers would appreciate these?

My goal is to have a new Etsy shop (I'll still have Country Text also) up and running by next weekend. It will include a few sets of these along with some jewelry and hair accessories utilizing my 
Crochet Candy.



Wheeeeeeeeeeee!

6 comments:

ncwdust said...

Those are cool Kim. I'm not wild about the pom pom but am diggin' those coasters!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HOLY SMOKES!!! Can you pretty please put those in your ETSY ... so Julie can buy them!! They are AWESOME!! LOVING that headband too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Super cute friend! :) LOVE them!

hjn said...

Yes love these!!! I love the one single pom pom...very clever...love the headband too! Link them up in the Etsy Flock at Midchix too!....also add them to the Crafty Mamas Flock and The Perky Blogging Mamas Flock...lots of Link Love available on Michix! Share the love!

sarah said...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee is right! LOVE LOVE LOVE the coasters. ;)

hugs!

Bekka said...

Yay! I love that headband, and wow -- those coasters are fantastic!!!