5.06.2012

Weekend away

I took a short weekend vacation last weekend to Orlando to see my favorite middle stepchild and her husband. 

Brooke & Rob!


It was such a welcomed break from my day to day and I was excited that they asked me to photograph their baby bump pics of my sweet little grandson, River. :)


It was also the first visit to their new home that they purchased last year.  I am so happy for them and what their future lives hold. 
 
I arrived Friday afternoon and Brooke and I went to eat at Mitchell's Fish Market - where Rob is working part-time. In fact, we did a lot of eating while I was there (if you know me, you know that is no surprise!) 


I also experienced Mellow Mushroom pizza and a local haunt, PR's Taco Palace. 

Besides spending time with B & R, my most favorite part of the trip was the few hours I spent with this view:
Ahhhhh, the beach! My most favorite place to be.  There is no better place to relax & refresh in my opinion. There is something about the salt air and feeling the sand on my skin that just makes me feel so great!  I could use several more days of that view quite honestly. 

We had two great days of taking photos.  The first day we took a more casual approach at a walking trail near their house with a little creek or "river" (get it?)  On day two we found a great background at Loch Haven Park and the Orlando Museum of American Art. We also found a fantastic little part in Winter Park on a lake that ended up being another hidden gem.  Here are few more pics of B & R and baby River a/k/a "the bump" :)

I cannot wait until the next time I am there and can share pictures of River on this side of the bump! :) 


4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! I loveeeee the photos!!

Marit said...

Wonderful photos Kim! Sounds like a fun and relaxing weekend (hmmm, beach and food!) Oh, and I absolute adore the dress in the last picture...

Jamie said...

love the pictures... congrats to your step-daughter and to you as well :) also, I think I spy a shark fin!

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies!
@Jamie, yes, that is a shark fin - it was DEEEE-lish!